Register for the state's largest FREE testing combine by March 29th
Salina will again play host to one of the largest combines in the Midwest as Sharp Performance brings the seventh annual SP Athletic Testing Combine to the Salina Fieldhouse, Saturday, April 11th, in the newly redeveloped downtown Salina.
Hundreds of Kansas high school football players will converge on the Salina Fieldhouse to secure objective third party test results in the 40-yard dash, the 5-10-5 pro agility drill, the standing broad jump, the vertical jump, the Power Lift bench press and the Gopher Performance medicine ball toss, while also getting an accurate height and weight measurement.
The event is not just to provide college recruiters and regional media a look at some of the state's top college football prospects, but also to give an accurate baseline heading into offseason training for anyone from the classes of 2021-2024.
“We are proud to offer this free event in the heart of Kansas at the new Salina Fieldhouse,” Sharp Performance CEO Jake Sharp said. “This event is about more than just getting in front of college recruiters with verified results from the 40, pro agility and vertical jump. It’s also about setting a baseline for the summer program, getting experience on how to perform the various combine tests and compete with athletes from across the state in one centralized location. It's sure to be another stellar production.”
The combine will be conducted by professional athletic trainers and performance coaches including former University of Kansas and Salina Central running back Jake Sharp, former Shawnee Mission West and University of Wyoming wide receiver David Leonard, former Fort Hays State and Salina Central running back and track athlete Cale Sharp along with other former standout high school and college athletes and coaches and soldiers from the Kansas Army National Guard.
While the combine is free, pre-registration is required. The registration deadline is March 29.
Register online by visiting www.sharp-performance.com and clicking on Events and 2020 Combine. Athletes will only need to bring their cleats, water, and any other equipment or apparel they use for non-contact competition. Parents and sports fans are encouraged to attend and watch in designated bleachers and seating areas.
The free combine is not possible without the support of a number of partners:
• Salina Regional Sports Medicine is the major sponsor for the combine and is one of the leading healthcare providers in central Kansas.
Salina Regional Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic works with athletes of every level to help prevent injuries or to heal through surgery and rehabilitation.
Led by Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Timothy Hawkes, Sports Medicine Physician Dr. Matthew Pyle, and Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Travis Rump, along with a team of certified athletic trainers, physician assistants, and physical therapists, Salina Regional Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic serves five Salina area high schools, as well as Kansas Wesleyan University, Bethany College, and McPherson College, providing their athletes timely high quality sports medicine and orthopedic care.
For more information visit the Salina Regional Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic website at www.salinaregionalsportsmedicine.com or find them on Twitter or Instagram.
• The Kansas Army National Guard will again provide volunteers to help run athletes through testing stations. The Kansas National Guard consists of the Kansas Army National Guard and the Kansas Air National Guard.
The Adjutant General administers the joint federal-state program that is the Kansas Army and Air National Guard. Approximately 7,500 Guardsmen currently serve the state of Kansas.
The Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance Program (State Tuition Assistance) provides up to 100 percent of tuition and fees that leads to the award of a certificate, diploma or degree upon satisfactory completion of course work requirements for members of a Kansas Air/Army National Guard unit.
For more information visit www.kansasarmynationaguard.com or find Kansas Army National Guard on Facebook or Instagram.
• Power Lift is the new sponsor of the Power Lift bench press. Power Lift clientele includes a wide variety of high schools, colleges, universities, professional sports teams and athletic performance facilities.
Power Lift weight equipment is popular and sought after not only for its unique design and customizable appearance, but for its affordability and superior warranty that training facilities want and need.
And to top it off, Power Lift strength training and weight room equipment is made with the toughest materials that can withstand excessive use from coaches and athletes.
For more information visit www.power-lift.com or find them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Kansas Pregame enters its seventh year as the primary media partner and co-founder of the Sharp Performance Combine. Kansas Pregame publishes the only statewide high school sports preview magazines for Kansas. Through their website, social media platforms and free print and digital editions of their statewide preview magazines Kansas Pregame reaches thousands of Kansas sports fans each week with high quality photography and sports writing preserving priceless memories for future generations.
For more information find them online at www.kansaspregame.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Sports in Kansas is the most popular high school sports social media outlet in Kansas. With more than 200,000 combined social media followers across multiple platforms Sports in Kansas content is viewed millions of times each month.
Sports in Kansas provides comprehensive coverage of high school sports through their social media sites, website, podcasts, radio shows and videos.
Find out more by visiting @sportsinkansas on Twitter or www.kansas-sports.comon the web.